- You must have Accessible Customer Service Training
- You must have fun!
Also be prepared to:
- Sign a form indicating you’ve completed the Accessible Customer Service Training
- Receive your awesome Appleby Line Street Festival volunteer T-shirt
- Receive your volunteer assignment.
“Please wear weather appropriate clothing (close toed shoes only!), do not bring anything with you that you cannot carry as we will not have any storage for personal effects on site.”
Our commitment to you:
- You will receive on-site training and direction as needed
- You will be treated as a valuable member of our event
- Your Commitment to Us
- You will act as a goodwill ambassador for our Event ensuring you comply with the Code of Conduct listed below.
- You are responsible for your own actions during and off shift times.
- You will not make any statements or actions to any group or the media that may affect or obligate the event in any manner. Please consult with event manager or any committee member before doing so.
- You will maintain all confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which you may be exposed to during your shift. This may include: fellow volunteers, event managers, staff, patrons or any other persons involved in event business.
Code of Conduct
The Volunteer Committee Members reserve the right to revoke a volunteer’s privilege or decline an individual from registering in future years if any of the following behaviour is observed while representing our event:
- If you check in and do not report to your area for your scheduled shift
- Inappropriate behaviour
- Clearly under the effects of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to be effective at task you signed up for
- Unnecessary use of your cell phone
- Harassment in any form
- Wilful destruction of event property or harm to any part of the event
- Breach of confidentiality
Thank you very much for giving your time and let’s make it an event to remember!